[Linuxppc-users] PostgreSQL support on IBM Power Systems

Tommi.Sihvo at tieto.com Tommi.Sihvo at tieto.com
Wed Sep 4 14:26:59 AEST 2019

Hi,

We are running quite many EDB v.10 clusters (dual site & with witness node configuration) on top of Linux on Power (RHEL 7.6LE) & Power8; and we have actually automated the deployment & EDB basic binary & config setup (PowerVC json REST + BSA post-script), so setting up new environments takes only a moment..

Customers have been really satisfied, one is consolidating all their edb databases on this environment based of experience they are having with the setup.

We are also looking candidate customers for migrating some Oracle x86 environments  into Linux on Power EDB.
Would be a nice project to try, but couple of cases have ended up dead because the 3rd party application using the database supports only Oracle.. (

Br,
tommi

On 03/09/2019, 19.58, "Linuxppc-users on behalf of Toshaan Bharvani | VanTosh" <linuxppc-users-bounces+tommi.sihvo=tieto.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of toshaan at vantosh.com> wrote:

    Yasal,

    On 29/08/2019 14:50, Yasal Akgun wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Do you have references for postgresql running on Power (LPAR or
    > full-dedicated)?

    We have multiple instances of PostgreSQL v10 and v11, all on Linux ppc64
    and ppc64le. We run this for multiple of our customers.
    All are running in Linux KVM Qemu virtual machines.
    We also have x86_64 to compare with

    > Yasal Akgün
    >
    > Technical Sales & Consultant for Power & Cognitive Systems
    > Systems, IBM Turkey
    >
    > Mobile-1 : 90 555 517 5533
    > Mobile-2 : 90 549 455 4822
    > Work : 90 312 455 4822