[Linuxppc-users] Toolchain version for RHEL 7.1

Ben Hood ben at relops.com
Wed Nov 14 02:18:50 AEDT 2018

Many thanks for the heads up.

I’ve installed advance-toolchain-at12.0-runtime on the target machine, but this does not appear to supply a glibc of the required version.

Is this in another AT RPM package?

Perusing the FAQS

https://developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/advance-toolchain/adv-tool-usage/#faq1A

Indicates that advance-toolchain-at12.0-runtime is mandatory, but I’m wondering if a GLIBC_2.23 object is supplied by a different package. I guess I could go through and install all of them to find out what works, but it feels like glibc is quite a fundamental building block.

Other FAQs indicate that you can use

/opt/atX.X/sbin/ldconfig

To cache the correct library path, but running this hasn’t resolved the missing glibc object.

Am I looking at the wrong FAQs?