[Linuxppc-users] A couple of questions on the POWER cache model on Stack Overflow

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon Jun 12 18:25:56 AEST 2017

Hi all,

There have been a couple of questions (from the same user) asked
recently on Stack Overflow, regarding the POWER cache implementation:

Which cache coherency protocol does the IBM Power8 CPU use?
  https://stackoverflow.com/q/44465687/285759

Can Power8 use atomic operations to communicate with ASIC/FPGA connected
by PCI Express?
  https://stackoverflow.com/q/44465085/285759

If you can contribute an answer to either (or both) of these, that'd be
great!

If you're not familiar with Stack Overflow (or the other
Stack-Exchange-based sites), there's a quick tour here:

  https://stackoverflow.com/tour

and I'd recommend the 'How do I write a good answer' section too:

  https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-answer

Cheers,

Jeremy