Covert DMA address to Virtual address on Linux PPC

bhanu jampala adams.ppc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 05:13:09 EST 2008

Hi All,

How do I convert a DMA buffer address to its respective virtual address in
Linux PPC world?

I am not finding appropriate functions to do that?
How are people doing it on PPC platforms?

What I trying to do:
This is for MCC i.e. Buffer Desc and buffer are in main memory (DMA memory)
I have submitted some DMA buffer from a chunk of memory to Device.
Now at the end of successful receive, where I know the DMA address by
reading from the buffer Descriptors.
Now from this DMA address, how do I find out the Virtual address so that I
can perform a read on that buffer?

Regards,
Mukund Jampala