Support for multiple consoles

Michael Carey MCarey at nearfield.com
Sat Sep 13 08:18:24 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am using ELDK 3.1.1 on a mpc5200 platform with a CoralP pci card.  I also connecting a keyboard and mouse.  When I compile the code without a virtual console, then my terminal session rules.  I can type with my terminal keyboard and everything seems fine.

When I compile with a virtual console, then my embedded lcd displays text and my usb keyboard works.  Everything is great.

Is there a way to switch back and forth between my embedded console to my terminal console?  I have tried console=ttyS0, but that does not seem to do anything.
When I list my devices: 'ls /dev' I only get tty, ttyS0, ttyS1, and ttyS2.  I do not see a tty0.

Is there a way to run multiple consoles on this configuration? If not, does to ELDK 4.x support this?

Thanks in advance for any information or guidance.

Michael Carey