EDK10.1 and emaclite

jozsef imrek mazsi at imrek.org
Wed Sep 10 04:58:44 EST 2008

dear georg,

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Georg Schardt wrote:

> Yes, i will try this. i use this board with the edk 8.2 a year ago. with this
> edk version the emaclite was working fine. but in this project there was an
> ip core "Hard Temac" this is missing now. i think i have an error in my edk
> project.

for the EMAC lite you don't need the hard temac. the work done by
the "hard temac" core and the plb_temac (or ll_temac) core together
in your old project will be done by the EMAC lite core alone.

so the signals to/from the broadcom PHY on your minimodule should be
connected directly to the EMAC lite core:

 	BEGIN opb_ethernetlite
 	 PARAMETER INSTANCE = etherlite
 	 PARAMETER HW_VER = 1.01.b
 	 PARAMETER C_RX_PING_PONG = 1
 	 PARAMETER C_TX_PING_PONG = 1
 	 BUS_INTERFACE sopb = opb
 	 PORT IP2INTC_Irpt = emac_interrupt
 	 PORT phy_rx_data = phy_rxd
 	 PORT phy_tx_data = phy_txd
 	 PORT phy_dv = phy_rxdv
 	END

(but this is probably getting off topic for this list.)

--
mazsi

strawberry fields forever!                       mazsi at imrek.org