EDK10.1 and emaclite

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Wed Sep 10 01:23:11 EST 2008

Hi Georg,

There is no way to configure the PHY using the EMAC lite as that's part
of what makes it "lite".

So the PHY on the board has to be configured correctly by strapping it
on the board.

Maybe you can include other PHY drivers to do this as I'm not sure about
that.

Thanks,
John

"Ethernet_MAC"

------------------

> > --
> > Neeraj Garg
> >

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:29:53 +0200
> > From: Georg Schardt <schardt at team-ctech.de>
> > Subject: EDK10.1 and emaclite
> > To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > im trying to use the emaclite core which comes with the EDK10.1 with
> > the 2.6.26 kernel from git.xilinx.com on virtex4fx12 minimodul. the
> > emac is detect by the kernel:
> >
> > xilinx_emaclite xilinx_emaclite.0: MAC address is now  2: 0: 0: 0:
0: 0