Compile new kernel for 5200B w/ ELDK

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Sep 2 20:55:23 EST 2008

Hi Rajasekaran,

>      Am working with PowerPc 8315rdb...and ma using recend version of
> the kernel 2.6.26..but I found one problem with RTC m41t11..while trying
> to read or set RTC which is already opened while booting itself,,,its
> return the error message as resourse busy  with error no 29.. can u help
> me to solve this issue,,,

Actually, I cannot help you right now, as I do not understand the
problem.  Can you perhaps show some log files and source code exhibiting
the problem?

What exactly are you trying to do?  Did you try enabling RTC_DEBUG in
the configuration (Device Drivers -> Real Time Clock -> RTC Debug
support)?  What do the kernel messages look like?

Cheers
  Detlev