Using Bestcomm API (DMA) on MPC5200b with Linux?

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Fri Oct 24 09:28:02 EST 2008

You need to write a task that does the DMA operation you want;
GenBD is actually pretty generic and lets you just copy from
one place to another.

The API is pretty simple; make sure genbd is compiled in, get
the task structure using bcom_gen_bd_[tr]x_init, and then..
uhh.. this is where I always forget.

There is a way to submit a buffer descriptor and have the
engine basically perform that transfer. I think it's
bcom_prepare_next_buffer and then bcom_submit_next_buffer.

Actually I can't even FIND those functions in the Linux tree
right now, but they have to be in there because the FEC driver
uses them..

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations