APU FPU in Virtex ppc405

Ron Sass rsass at uncc.edu
Fri May 23 11:26:31 EST 2008

Shan and I are going to sit down and rebuild our tool chain (a mix
of crosstool, linux-from-scratch, and Xilinx patches) next week.
Our aim is to quantify the gains/losses of frequency versus
hardware acceleration since we have several large scientific apps
we plan to run.  Like he said, we're hoping to have a handle on
the best approach over the next couple of weeks.

Ron