Xilinx EDK 9.2i and current Linux src tree(s)

Phil Hochstetler Phil.Hochstetler at serveron.com
Tue Mar 11 05:34:09 EST 2008

Thanks to responses from this group, I'm using Ubuntu and ELDK 4.1, I
have a working environment to build a linux kernel for a Xilinx ML403
board.  I pulled the kernel source at
git://git.xilinx.com/linux-2.6-xlnx.git
<http://git.xilinx.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-xlnx.git;a=summary
>  and while it will compile using "make ARCH=ppc ml403_defconfig" and
"make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx- bzImage", when I use the EDK 9.2i
to create a bitstream for the ML403 board, the BSP based header files
(xparam*) files are out of sync with the kernel source.  The files in
the linux-2.6-xlnx tree appear to have been build with EDK 7.1 and I am
using the current EDK release 9.2i.  The major diff seems to be that the
new EDK release moves all the periphials off the OPB bus and uses the
XPS bus instead.  Any ideas on how best to resolve this?  Is there a
linux tree out there that is synced with the current EDK release?   Is
it sufficient to had edit in the hardware address in the existing OPB
based file and ignore the differences between OPB and XPS?   Is the
difference in name only?  Should I just try to pick up the entire linux
tree from the EDK release and drop it on the linux kernel?  Has anyone
else been down this path already?  Thanks for any words of wisdom.

--phil