Linux on Virtex board with ARCH=powerpc

Peter Mendham petermendham at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Sat Jun 28 01:24:50 EST 2008

Hi Aaron,

Thanks - you spotted my mistake when I said "the same root fs" - I was
indeed changing inittab to use ttyUL0.  For a while I mistakenly had
ttyUL0 on the 16550 system and that showed me init messages (like
"mounting file systems") and then when it was done with the rc scripts
it complained about ttyUL0.  With my uartlite system I see none of
that.  The early messages go to /dev/console AFAIK, which suggests
there's something a bit more fundamental going on?

Thanks,
-- Peter