PPC to PowerPC Migration

Darcy Watkins DWatkins at tranzeo.com
Thu Jun 12 03:52:13 EST 2008

Hi Josh,

Is there a special git tree for 4xx or are you referring to kernel.org?
... or do I just post the patches to this list?

Regards,

Darcy

--snip!--
> Once I get this done, I can submit BSP patch sets for kernel 2.6.25
and
> 2.6.26.  If there is demand, I could submit a BSP patch set for 2.6.24
> as well.

Preferably, you'd submit to the tip of the git tree for 4xx.  With the
pace of kernel development, releasing patches for "old" kernels just
means that someone has to forward port them to the latest tree.  That
might be a small effort, but in practice it's best to work with
bleeding edge if you're going to submit a patch for inclusion.

Don't be discouraged by that.  There are those that will help you if
you run into obstacles.
--snip!--