PPC to PowerPC Migration

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Wed Jun 11 09:59:44 EST 2008

Hi Andrew,

We have a git server with the kernel running on the ML405 (V4) and ML507
(V5) Xilinx boards with arch/powerpc at git://git.xilinx.com.

The default configuration, using ml507_defconfig or ml405_defconfig,
uses a static device tree located in the arch/powerpc/boot/dts
directory.

>make ARCH=powerpc zImage
>make ARCH=powerpc zImage.initrd (for a ramdisk image, after putting
ramdisk image in arch/powerpc/boot directory)

zImage file is located in arch/powerpc/boot directory.

On the http://git.xilinx.com site, there's some tar files with a bit
stream to match the default kernel configuration.

Maybe this is not what you're looking for, but thought I'd offer. Others
have used this to get their own boards running with Linux.

Look at Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt for some device
tree information.

Thanks,
John Linn
Linux Development & Strategy

Xilinx is looking for more embedded Linux developers.