Is the linux-2.6.25.4 compatible with freescale lite5200b?

Henry Chen ghenrychen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:55:06 EST 2008

Hi, all expert!

Thank you for your patience.

I want to use Linux as the OS of freescale lite5200b develop board. Then I
have tried two version of kernel, 2.6.25.4 and 2.4.25.
We succeed in 2.4.25, failed in 2.6.25.4. We use the default config file for
the board, lite5200_defconfig, which would be found both in
/arch/ppc/configs/. And we use the same ramdisk. The following info is about
the error of 2.6.15.4.

*=> bootm fe000000
fe200000
## Booting image at fe000000
   Image Name:
Linux-2.6.25
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip
compressed)
   Data Size:    802989 Bytes = 784.2
kB
   Load Address:
00000000
   Entry Point:
00000000
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ...
OK
   Image Name:   rootfs in
flash
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip
compressed)
   Data Size:    5055519 Bytes =  4.8
MB
   Load Address:
fe5a0000
   Entry Point:
fe5a0000
OK
id mach():
done
MMU:enter

MMU:hw
init
MMU:mapin

MMU:setio
MMU:exit

setup_arch:
enter
setup_arch:
bootmem
arch: exit*

Would you please help us to solve it and explain the cause?

Best regards!

Sincerely yours,
Henry