Xilinx Linux 2.6 for XPS LL_TEMAC and LL_FIFO problem

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Thu Jul 24 23:24:49 EST 2008

Hi Mirek,

We are not currently testing the LL TEMAC driver with the LL FIFO. We
only test with the DMA configuration. I also realize this may not be
documented that well and we may need to work on that.

Our reasoning is that in the Virtex5 FXT devices the DMA is hard so that
it does not cost any more LUTs to use the DMA and most people want the
performance.

Is there a specific reason you're wanting to use the LL FIFO rather than
DMA as this information might help us in the future?

We would welcome any patches to the driver if LL FIFO is a needed
feature.  Patches can be sent to git at xilinx.com.

Thanks,
John