[OT] write flash on MPC5200 board via jtag

Mike Timmons mike_timmons at trimble.com
Wed Jul 23 07:55:41 EST 2008

If you don't have any code on the board then I can't think of how to write to the flash unless you have a JTAG device. I use a BDI2000 to do precisely what you're doing: write U-boot into virgin on-board flash on a design derived from the lite 5200.

The significance of the debugger is that you need something that can drive the microcontroller via the JTAG port and control the flash device write intricacies.

Pre-programming your flash device is another option.