Need stable 2.6 kernel for TQM823L

Thomas Maenner tmaenner at aehr.com
Fri Jul 4 04:59:29 EST 2008

Thanks much Grant,

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 22:58:19 Grant Likely wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:18:13PM -0700, Thomas Maenner wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I have used the 2.4 kernel successfully on the TQM823L and 855s, and
> > wanted to try out a 2.6 version. So I downloaded the latest from Wolfgang
> > @ git.denx.de but I'm getting all sorts of compile errors....
> >
> > Before I continue to dive in, I wanted to ask the group some questions:
> > - Is 2.6 ported to the TQM8xx modules?
>
> $ ls arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm*
> arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm5200.dts  arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8555.dts
> arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8540.dts  arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8560.dts
> arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8541.dts

however, I found config files in the ppc tree:
ls arch/ppc/configs/TQM8*
arch/ppc/configs/TQM823L_defconfig
arch/ppc/configs/TQM850L_defconfig
arch/ppc/configs/TQM8260_defconfig
arch/ppc/configs/TQM860L_defconfig

Is this stuff still working?
Do I still need to create a device tree?

Thanks again

Tom

--
Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels
E-Mail: mailto:tmaenner at aehr.com