Need stable 2.6 kernel for TQM823L

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Jul 3 15:58:19 EST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:18:13PM -0700, Thomas Maenner wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have used the 2.4 kernel successfully on the TQM823L and 855s, and wanted to
> try out a 2.6 version. So I downloaded the latest from Wolfgang @ git.denx.de
> but I'm getting all sorts of compile errors....
>
> Before I continue to dive in, I wanted to ask the group some questions:
> - Is 2.6 ported to the TQM8xx modules?

$ ls arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm*
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm5200.dts  arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8555.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8540.dts  arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8560.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8541.dts

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the tqm8xx boards have been
added to the device tree directory, so the answer is probably, 'no'.

> - If so, is it stable?

I believe 8xx support is stable in arch/powerpc, but you'll need to
write a device tree file for the board.  Look for a similar board in
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ to use as a starting point.

You'll probably also need to add a platform file to arch/powerpc/platforms/8xx
that matches against your new device tree file.

g.