Preferred GIT URL for arch/powerpc Latest-and-Greatest (was Re: Reminder: removal of arch/ppc - (Sequoia))

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 04:45:59 EST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:01:12 -0800
Grant Erickson <gerickson at nuovations.com> wrote:

> On 1/27/08 6:00 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:37:22 -0500
> > Steve Heflin <sheflin at newagemicro.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> Yes! I'm looking at 2.6.23.14 as I thought that was the newest
> >> version. I completely missed seeing the 2.6.24 kit, thank you so much!!
> >
> > FYI, 2.6.24 is considered fairly old relatively speaking.  With so much
> > activity going on for the embedded boards for arch/powerpc, you're sort
> > of missing out if you aren't running from the latest git trees.
> >
> > Yes, I realize how ridiculous it sounds to say a kernel that was just
> > released 3 days ago is old, but that's reality.
> >
> > josh
>
> What's the best/preferred GIT URL for current, up-to-date arch/powerpc
> activity? Is it?
>
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

Yep, that's the canonical source.

> I am particularly interested in Kilauea/Haleakala-related development.

My tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwboyer/powerpc-4xx.git

might briefly have some stuff for those that Paul's doesn't at times,
but as of right now they are synced up.  Typically there are only
changes on the next kernel branch during the development period for
that particular version.

josh