Xilinx XPS_LL_TEMAC vs PLB_TEMAC

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Tue Jan 22 05:42:23 EST 2008

Basically, git.xilinx.com has a tree with most of the xilinx-related
support already integrated and ported forward to a current kernel.  It
also includes ongoing work to unify microblaze and powerpc device
drivers through flat device trees.

See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxppc-embedded@ozlabs.org/msg28690.html

To use the git.xilinx.com tree you should *not* generate the driver code
directly into the Linux tree.  Instead, you should generate the driver
code in a dummy directory and copy
arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/xparameters_ml*.h into the kernel tree.

The BSP generation process is designed older 2.6.10-era kernels and will
not work with recent kernels.

Steve

Sadegh Sadri
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:54 AM
> To: David Baird; linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> Subject: RE: Xilinx XPS_LL_TEMAC vs PLB_TEMAC
>
> thanks for you reply david,
>
> As far as I know the Linux driver for Xilinx PLB TEMAC was two parts :
1- adapter.c and 2- the rest
> of the driver files
>
> Only adapter.c was really a linux related file and the rest of the
files were Xilinx generic driver
> code for PLB TEMAC.
>
> correct?
>
> then now, I know EDK 9.2 generates the needed Linux support package
and needed related files, so if
> this is the case can we use these files as the needed driver in our
linux kernel?

> by the way, i did never hear about this git repository before...can
you describe us, where is it and