ml310 kernel2.6 booting problems

Joachim Meyer Jogi95 at web.de
Thu Jan 17 07:02:31 EST 2008

Thx for the answer

It's right, there is no /dev/console, but the MontaVista-Linux-kernel can fully boot with this rootFS, how comes?
Doesn't matter, I was going to make my own RootFS anyway, so can you give me an hint how I would
do this best?
I tried the Klingauf-Script (www.klingauf.com) with busybox, but I still have no console in my /dev/ and it doesn't work.
I tried out buildroot, but I was a little overstrained with the configuration and when I did "make" it aborted with an error message
after a long time of working
Then I tried ELDK. I read that I could use the Directory "<install-dir>/ppc_4xx/" as rootfs but when I go there and look inside
/dev I find only one entry:
prw------- 1 jogi jogi 0 2007-01-20 04:58 initctl
So this won't work, would it?

Which way would be the best for me to get an good RootFS easily?
If the answer would be buildroot can you give me a short summary which settings are importent?
I read I can use my crosstool-Xcompiler, but I couldn't figure out how.

Greetings & Thx
Joachim