83xx, ucc_geth, kernel 2.6.23, IP-Config: No network devices

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Mon Jan 7 23:59:52 EST 2008

Joch,

Thanks, apparently I had a conditional that was not matching up around that
call. So now that I 'am' calling the of_platform_bus_probe(). I can see all
the probe functions getting called.  Thank you very much.

Next question, I can see that 'quick' mods I have made to the Marvell driver
are indeed matching up with the device ID that the Freescale MII device is
pulling back from my 'National' part. <I'll make a real phy driver once I
get this working>. I.e. I can see the phy_probe get called when this Id is
registered.  You can see the extra debug messages above the National DP83865
device registration, and the probe returns 0 for success I assume. <err =
0>.

I am still getting the "IP-Config: No network devices" error before the NFS
boot tries to take place.

BootLog:

RWM DEBUG, uec_mdio_init:278
RWM DEBUG, uec_mdio_probe:145
UCC Ethernet Controller MII Bus: probed
UCC Ethernet Controller MII Bus: Registered
ucc_geth: QE UCC Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Marvell 88E1101: Registered new driver
Marvell 88E1112: Registered new driver
Marvell 88E1111: Registered new driver
RWM DEBUG: phy_probe:635
RWM DEBUG: phy_probe:663 err = 0
National DP83865: Registered new driver
Marvell 88E1145: Registered new driver
HDLC support module revision 1.21
usbmon: debugfs is not available
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
i2c /dev entries driver
WDT driver for MPC83xx initialized. mode:reset timeout=65535 (16 seconds)
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
lec.c: Dec 18 2007 15:30:33 initialized
mpc.c: Dec 18 2007 15:30:31 initialized
IP-Config: No network devices available.
.... NFS boot fails

-Russ