EBC configuration for mmio

sunil dutt sunil.d at redpinesignals.com
Mon Feb 18 21:42:18 EST 2008

Hi,
We are working on the MMIO interface and are struck up at sending the data
over the interface on PPC405EXr.The following are the configurations done by
us to use EBC Bank3.

EBC0_B3CR = 0x80018000 /*Base address 0x800 size 1MB Read/Write set */
EBC0_B3AP = 0x07840f80

We have configured GPIO pin 10 (PER_CS3) for the chip select.The following
is the configuration for the CS .
OSRL : 00aa54aa
TSRL : 00aa54aa
ISR1L: XX(Dont care)

Here are our observations while doing the data transfer.
1.When the data of one byte is sent continuously we have observed that the
second write blocks and the chip select is not triggered for the second
transfer.

2.When one byte is sent and immediately we read the data over the interface
the read blocks and we also see that chip select is not triggered for the
read.

3.The point 2 mentioned above is not consistent.We some times read the value
from the interface though the chip select is not triggered.

Please could you verify our configurations.Please let us know if there is
any thing additional to be done.

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil