[Virtex 4 PPC] Which Linux?

IngoM ingo.maindorfer at ipm.fraunhofer.de
Thu Feb 7 01:51:04 EST 2008

Hello!

Thanks for all answers!

Robert Schwebel wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 05:54:55AM -0800, IngoM wrote:
>> 2) Linux
>> I'd like to build my kernel and filesystem myself. But which way to go?
>> Using OE, buildroot, ELDK...
>> Can you please provide some starting points for me?
>
> ptxdist would be another alternative.

In the meantime, I get crosstool to compile my toolchain.
With that toolchain I get a xilinx kernel from their git-repo compiling and
booting up.

ptxdist compiles my userland, but I have some more probs:

I use the xmd from EDK to download and run the kernel.
I try to setup a rootfs via NFS but the kernel didn't get an address, maybe
there is a problem with the network-setup.
It's not clear to me how put the kernel-image and the userland to one
elf-binary that is downloadable by xmd, because to work around the above
network issue to get things started.

Best Regards,

Ingo