Device Tree setup for 8272-based board

Daniel Ng daniel_ng11 at lycos.com
Tue Dec 23 11:52:01 EST 2008

Scott Wood <scottwood <at> freescale.com> writes:
> cuboot-824x is for 8240, 8245, and similar chips.  You want cuboot-pq2.

Hi Scott et al,

I seem to get further with the cuboot-824x file- with the cuboot-pq2 file the
boot sequence doesn't even reach the 'zImage starting' stage. The machine
reboots just before it should be printing out 'zImage starting'.

Is there a way I can get more detailed debug to see what's happening?

Do settings from bd_info struct override the settings from the DTS file?

Also, a lot of the settings passed from u-boot in our 2.6.14 environment are
plain wrong eg. wrong memory, wrong processor speed. In this case, the correct
settings are set elsewhere (for memory, it is a kernel parameter ie. mem=32M,
and the processor speed is set in the 2.6.14 'make menuconfig'). Therefore,
the machine still boots into Linux correctly. For 2.6.27, would these
incorrect settings be causing my problems?

Daniel