Help with DTS file on MPC8313e-rdb board

Joe Shmo spamreceptor at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 07:11:43 EST 2008

Thanks for that info Scott.  However I am still stuck.

Please take a look at how I adjusted the DTS:
		mdio at 24520 {
			device_type = "mdio";
			compatible = "gianfar";
			reg = <24520 20>;
			#address-cells = <1>;
			#size-cells = <0>;
			phy3: ethernet-phy at 3 {
				reg = <3>;
				device_type = "ethernet-phy";
			};
			phy1: ethernet-phy at 1 {
				reg = <1>;
				device_type = "ethernet-phy";
			};
		};

		ethernet at 24000 {
			device_type = "network";
			model = "eTSEC";
			compatible = "gianfar";
			reg = <24000 1000>;
			local-mac-address = [ 00 00 00 00 00 00 ];
			phy-handle = < &phy1 >;
		};

		ethernet at 25000 {
			device_type = "network";
			model = "eTSEC";
			compatible = "gianfar";
			reg = <25000 1000>;
			local-mac-address = [ 00 00 00 00 00 00 ];
			phy-handle = < &phy3 >;
		};

Also note that our new PHY does not support gbit.
I've made sure that the HCW is set for MII and not
GMII which allowed us to load the kernel via uboot and
TFTP.  Even though the phy is still blinking away, we
see no data come out of the board after TFTP is done.
  Here's the screen dump.  Note that it looks like the
kernel is happy.  Also note that we tested our
192.168.1.21 NFS server and it can connect fine and
has no firewall.

Thanks again