linux 2.6.23 from git.xilinx and opb_emac driver

saadia dhouib saadia_dhouib at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 2 20:15:03 EST 2008

Hi,
I want to install linux 2.6.23 (from git.xilinx.com) on an ppc 405 processor
embedded in a xupv2p platform.
In this version, there is support for xilinx sysace and xilinx uartlite, but
there is no networking driver from xilinx.
I need the opb_emac driver. I tried to copy the opb_emac driver files
generated from edk 9.1 to the linux tree,
and I made some changes following the instructions in this link :
http://abdn.ac.uk/piprg/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_Linux_Kernel_2.6.23_on_the_PPC405_core_of_a_Xilinx_ML403_board
.
But I did not succeed to have the opb_emac driver in the config menu.
Could someone help to do this, or is there some patch to integrate the
xilinx opb_emac driver.
Thanks