cpm_dpalloc questions

bhanu jampala adams.ppc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 05:03:42 EST 2008

Hi Scott,

> No, MCC1 PRAM starts at offset 0x8700.  Any other areas used are under
> software control.
Yes, you are right. But, I was refereing to MCC channel specific HDLC
parameters.

Reason: I am using the MCC2 which uses memory from offset 0x2000 to
0x4000 for Chan Specific parameters.
you can see that in MCC chapter i.e. 29.3.1 on a MPC8280 manual.
(channel specific HDLC parameters)

I need to make sure that cpm_dpalloc is not using this part of DPRAM
to allocate memory.
I just wanne make sure no other device driver that use cpm_dpalloc to
allocate memory for their BDs i.e. scc, smc, fcc.

and it looks to me like it is allocating me memory starting from 0x128 or 0x400.

> This is obsolete arch/ppc stuff and should be removed; the SMC pram is now
> dynamically allocated and relocated (and before that, it came from the
> device tree).

Yes, I am using 2.6.19.2. I am right now in the middle of finalizing
the BSP port. So, I cannot move on further to device trees. I will
doing that stuff with in a month but now I am with 2.6.19.2.

Regards,
Adams