PPC405EP errata CPU 213 (Incorrect data may be flushed from thedata cache)

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Wed Aug 27 02:41:02 EST 2008

arch/powerpc/boot/virtex405-head.S has:

#include "ppc_asm.h"

        .text
        .global _zimage_start
_zimage_start:

        /* PPC errata 213: needed by Virtex-4 FX */
        mfccr0  0
        oris    0,0,0x50000000 at h
        mtccr0  0

So, this happens first before anything else.
Without this, the boards that I've used crash pretty quickly, so it may be obvious that the status register is set properly.
As a result, you probably need to do it in the boot loader and not in the kernel proper.

Steve