floating point support in the driver.

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Fri Aug 1 22:00:09 EST 2008

I am not very clear Why floating point support in the Kernel should be
avoided ?

We want our DSP algorithm to run at the boot time and since kernel thread
having higher priority , i assume that it would be faster than user
application.

If i really have to speed up my application execution what mechanism will
you suggest me to try ?

After using Hardware VFP support also i am still laging the timing
requirement by 800 ms in my case

---- Misbah <><