XLlTemac soft lockup BUG

John Bonesio john.bonesio at xilinx.com
Thu Apr 17 08:59:47 EST 2008

Hi Kevin,

Does xlltemac_main.c have
    #define MARVELL_88E1111_PHY
in it? If not, try setting that.

It's odd that sometimes it works. Does your system meet timing?

We've found that when the PHY is being poked, it can take a while before the PHY settles down and starts working. If the code tries to start using the PHY too soon, then the PHY never seems to get to a good state. So, you might experiement with different values in the udelay() call in _XLlTemac_SetOperatingSpeed().

If you really think there's something wrong in the fifo code, you can enable debug (#define DEBUG) in the following files:
drivers/xilinx_common/xdebug.h
drivers/xilinx_common/xstreamer.h

Perhaps that will shed some light on the problem.

- John