XLlTemac soft lockup BUG

khollan khollan at daktronics.com
Thu Apr 17 08:08:36 EST 2008

Hugo Villeneuve-3 wrote:

> Hi,
> we had a similar error message, which was caused by us selecting the wrong
> PHY type in the kernel configuration menu (latest linux-2.6-xlnx-git
> tree). In fact, we had to modify the lltemac driver to support our PHY
> (BCM5466). Once we did that, the error message went away.
>
> Hugo V.

I tried out all 3 configurations and it didn't seem to help.  We are using
the Marvell Phy on our prototype.  The weird thing is it seems to work
perfectly every once in awhile, but not very often.  I seem to have tracked
the problem to the FifoRecvHandler tasklet function in xlltemac_main.c it
gets stuck in this while loop:
while (XLlFifo_RxOccupancy(&lp->Fifo) != 0) {
the XLlFifo_RxOccupancy always reads the same value.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Kevin