SystemACE on Kernel 2.6

rodolfo rodolfo at lesc.ufc.br
Wed Apr 16 12:40:28 EST 2008

Hi Grant likely,

I got kernel 2.6.20 from kernel.org and I want boot it on XUP Virtex II Pro
University board.
I edited the Makefile putting:
 ARCH? = ppc
 CROSS_COMPILE? = ppc_4xx-
But I can't see anything about SystemACE driver on make menuconfig from
this Kernel. How can I add SystemACE controler?

I compiled the kernel repeatedly generating a file zImage.elf. I used this
file with the genace.tcl from Xilinx and this opt file:
-jprog
-board user
-target ppc_hw
-hw implementation/download.bit
-elf zImage.elf
-configdevice devicenr 1 idcode 0x1127e093 irlength 14 partname xc2vp30
-debugdevice devicenr 1 cpunr 1
-ace system.ace

to generated ace file and put it in FAT16 partition of CF card, like a lot
of references in web. But it doesn't works!
Which IP cores must be present in my project of the EDK?
Still speaking in the EDK Did i have to mark bram with ppc_405_0_bootloop?
Did I have to mark bram whit any software project?

My work in with Linux on Virtex don't work. I am almost dropping...

Thanks!!