Help with Device tree setup and booting kernel

Nick ndroogh at rogers.com
Sat Sep 29 02:51:41 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble booting a 2.6.23-rc6 kernel with a device tree.  My
board is a MPC5200b base board with 128 Megs of DDR memeory.
My UBoot (1.3.0-rc2)seems to be doing what is should be doing.  I
download the .dtb file to 00800000 and the uImage to 00200000
I get the following:

=> bootm 00200000 - 00800000
## Booting image at 00200000 ...
  Image Name:   Linux-2.6.23-rc6-gea60adb5-dirty
  Created:      2007-09-28   9:49:16 UTC
  Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
  Data Size:    1212342 Bytes =  1.2 MB
  Load Address: 00000000
  Entry Point:  00000000
  Verifying Checksum ... OK
  Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
  Booting using the fdt at 0x800000

My board is now hung, with no more output to the console.  My board does
work.  I have been running 2.6.19 for more than a year but I had to
upgrade.

I used the latest kernel code from DENX.  Is this a good distribution or
is there a better one somewhere else?  I can send my dts file and the
kernel .config file if anyone is willing to help

Thanks in advance,

Nick