changing the EDLK components

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 28 07:16:35 EST 2007

In message <4e5a3720709270734k54016e93h68ae6606d959cee9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Specifically, I have followed the procedure in section "3.7.
> Rebuilding ELDK Components". First I have installed source RPMs and
> then rebuilt the binary target RPM. However, as I have followed the
> compiler messages I recognized that host gcc is called instead of
> cross gcc.
>
> Considering that my PATH was set following the advice in section "3.7.
> Rebuilding ELDK Components" as "<ELDK_root>/usr/ppc-linux/bin"
> directory is before "/usr/bin" what could be the problem?

If you really followed that advice then please explain how the native
gcc could be called at all because the cross compiler will always  be
found first in the PATH?

I recommend checking the documentation again and following it step by
step.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?"