Which 2.6 kernel for MPC5200

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Sep 11 04:20:10 EST 2007

On 9/10/07, Babarovic Ivica <ivica.babarovic at asist.si> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What kernel should I get/pull for MPC5200 clone board.
> I've been away from coding on mpc5200 for quite some time now.
> I've read some archives from ML.
> Git repo on Sylvain Munauts url:
> http://gitbits.246tNt.com/gitbits/linux-2.6-mpc52xx.gitpage
> isn't working. Nothing on http://*git*.secretlab.ca/cgi-bin/*gitweb*.cgi
> <http://git.secretlab.ca/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi> to.
>
> I've pulled the sources from kernel.org git server.
> git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
> linux-2.6-mpc52xx

My 52xx git tree became way out of date, so I dropped it from the
server.  Best bet is to use mainline which gives your everything
except the drivers that use the bestcomm DMA engine (like Ethernet).

Then you need to apply the bestcomm patches.  You can get them here:

http://www.246tnt.com/mpc52xx/dev_full/

Have fun,
g.

--