Flash paritioning and JFFS2

Michael Brian Willis willis at arlut.utexas.edu
Sat Sep 8 01:55:41 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 08:23 -0700, Mirek23 wrote:
>  I have the Flash memory which is CFI
> compliant (Intel NOR Flash TE28F640 J3C120) so I presume that for it is a
> default driver?
If the flash is CFI compliant, then a default driver will probably
work.

When the kernel boots up are you able to see a message saying that it
found your flash? You might have to play around with the kernel
configuration to get it to properly recognize your flash.

> Do I have to create a specific file for it in drivers/mtd/maps/ ?
Yes, at least this is the way I did it. For example, I used
drivers/mtd/maps/tqm85xx.c as a starting point for my board specific
file. (I am using the DENX kernel).

Regards,

Michael Willis
Applied Research Labs - University of Texas