[linux kernel 2.6.19] ethernet driver for Marvell bridge GT-64260

joachim.bader at diehl-aerospace.de joachim.bader at diehl-aerospace.de
Sat Sep 1 01:58:01 EST 2007

Hello,

I am porting linux kernel 2.6.19 on a platform based on PPC750FX together
with a Marvell GT64260.
I use a patched 643xx driver which is back ported to 64260 by Steven J.
Hill.
I have ethernet now up and running, but only if I switch debug on, which
generates a big bunch of screen messages.
As soon as I switch debug off, I get the message "Virtual device %s asks
to queue packet!" on every transmission request.

This happens on ping an other system.

Has anyone experience in such an event? Is there anything how I can speed
up performance with the 64260?
Is there a similar problem known with the 64360?

Thanks in advance.
Joachim

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist für den Absender rechtlich nicht verbindlich.
Informieren Sie uns bitte, wenn Sie diese E-Mail fälschlicherweise erhalten haben (Fax: +49-69-5805-1399). Bitte löschen Sie in diesem Fall die Nachricht. Jede Form der weiteren Benutzung ist untersagt.

The content of this e-mail is not legally binding upon the sender.
If this e-mail was transmitted to you by error, then please inform us accordingly (Fax: +49-69-5805-1399). In such case you are requested to erase the message. Any use of such e-mail message is strictly prohibited.