MPC85xx and linux IDE driver

Michael Brian Willis willis at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 18 03:47:17 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 15:48 -0400, Ben Warren wrote:

> Here's what I use:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=113877891224982&w=2

Thanks for the response Ben.

I have put the driver you mentioned in my linux source and added the
necessary information in the Kconfig file and the Makefile. So, I am now
able to build the driver when I make my kernel image. However, I can't
figure out what else needs to be done in order to actually use the
driver for my compact flash device. Do I need to specify anything at the
kernel command line, or do I need to modify any other config files?
(Below is the ide portion of my linux .config file)

Thank you for your help so far, anymore help/direction is greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Willis
Applied Research Labs - University of Texas

#
# ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
#
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_IDE_MAX_HWIFS=4
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y

#
# Please see Documentation/ide.txt for help/info on IDE drives
#
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_SATA is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK is not set
# CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE is not set