use of fsl, in lite5200b.dts in git current

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Nov 9 09:03:27 EST 2007

Jon Smirl wrote:
> On 11/8/07, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:
>>> As far as I know the only dts using vendor prefixes in the compatible
>>> attributes is 5200lite one for the gpt entries. Everything else will
>>> need to be changed.
>> Look a little harder.  Many of the Freescale boards/devices do it right
>> -- and yes, we need to fix the ones that don't.
>
> I see that there are quite a few with the ibm prefix. But by
> eyeballing grep output it looks like several hundred attributes need
> to be fixed. Code referencing these will need to be fixed too.

Several hundred?  I don't think there are several hundred unique
property names or compatible entries in arch/powerpc/boot/dts *total*,
much less that need fixing.  The main ones in fsl-land that I can think
of are gianfar, i2c, talitos, QE, USB, tsi108, watchdog, SPI, and IPIC.

CPM1 and CPM2 devices, PCI, 85xx memory/cache controllers, and 85xx
global utilities have the prefix.

For the most part, we've been adding prefixes whenever we have any other
reason to touch the binding.

> If lite5200 hadn't mixed half prefixed and half not prefixed I never
> would have started looking at this.
>
> Let's make up our minds in the lite5200 dts so that I can sync up my
> development hardware.

Patches are welcome. :-)

-Scott