Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Fri Nov 2 06:07:37 EST 2007

On 11/1/07, Mead, Joseph <mead at bnl.gov> wrote:

> I am using a Xilinx ML403 board and created a custom IP that connects to the
> PLB bus.   The PLB bus is 64 bits wide.   To communicate with the custom IP
> I have been using iowrite32() and ioread32() function calls to grab 32 bits
> at a time.  Is it possible to grab the full 64 bits in one transfer?   I
> don't see an iowrite64() or ioread64() function…

Not really, at least not for non-cachable regions.  The ppc405 is a 32
bit machine and if it is doing non-cached reads then it will do
individual 32 bit transactions.  You could enable cache on the region,
but if it is accessing device registers then that is probably not what
you want (because there is no cache coherency between your device and
the 405).

Cheers,
g.

--