How can I get a ramdisk.image for linux2.6 running on ML403?

Gerald Ruescher GRuescher at dspace.de
Wed May 30 01:20:38 EST 2007

Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:

> On 5/29/07, angelalinyao at 163.com <angelalinyao at 163.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any ramdisk.image provided for linux 2.6?
> > Or maybe I have to make a ramdisk by myself?
> > [...]
> > Any help from you is appreciated.Thank you!
>
> If you just want an out-of-the-box ramdisk, you can use the one in ELDK
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDK
>
> Or, you can mount your existing ramdisk image on another Linux box and
> copy the needed files over.  The /dev entries are the same across all
> architectures.

Additionally I'd like to point out that there is a nice and
well-written O'Reilly book called "Building Embedded Linux System"
by Karim Yaghmour.  It contains a number of useful hints and techniques
for newbies, including a chapter about how to set up a root file
system for an embedded system using tools like BusyBox etc.
Some chapters may not be 100% up-to-date but still recommended
reading.

Kind regards,
Gerald

Gerald Rüscher
Software Development Engineer
Core Real-Time Implementation

dSPACE GmbH          Tel.:  +49 5251 1638-1826
Technologiepark 25   Fax:   +49 5251 16198-1826
33100 Paderborn      http://www.dspace.de
Germany              mailto:GRuescher at dspace.de