Latest GCC/GLIBC working combo for a Linux 2.4.x kernel?

Sasvata Chatterjee sasvata.chatterjee at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:28:06 EST 2007

Hi!

We are using a RHEL/386 machine to cross-compile for Debian/PowerPC (8260)
target, a few year old embedded system that we inherited.  The kernel is
2.4.9. Using crosstools, and following Dan Kegel's notes, the combo we have
is gcc-2.95-3/glibc-2.2.5.

Does anybody have any working version using newer versions of the 2.4 kernel
and newer GCC versions for a powerpc-603e target?  One motivation is to use
BusyBox-1.5.1, but I am told on that list that GCC 2/x is too old (I tried
before I asked, it doesn't compile).

Any help, pointers, example config files for crosstools, etc. would be
really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Shash