Help need for WindRiver EST SBC8260 Board

techie mj mjtechie at gmail.com
Wed May 16 04:12:07 EST 2007

Hi All,

For my project work(Packet filter) we are planning to buy a used WindRiver
EST SBC8260 board.
I am new to this. So i request everyone to suggest me what i should look for
while buying the board.My development environment will be LINUX may be
vxworks in future.

1) My dealer is providing only the Board. ( 4MB-SIMM flash,16MB-SDRAM DIMM,
8kb- 8 bit EEPROM, 2MB- 8 bit Flash, 4MB SDRAM (Local Bus), RS-232, 10/100
Base-TX Ethernet)
    Is it enough -or whether i need any extra addon cards

2) Do i need to buy JTAG debugger or any
    Is it possible to debug the code without JTAG/BDM

3) what are the cables i need

4) Can i directly download the bootcode from my PC to the Board through
ethernet/serial port

5) Can anyone provide me the user manual for the above board. any weblinks
are also good

6) any other points

Thanks
mjose