USB support for Bamboo/440EP (Yosemite/440EPx)

Stephen Winiecki stevewin at us.ibm.com
Tue May 15 04:25:38 EST 2007

Gerhard Jaeger <g.jaeger at sysgo.com> wrote on 05/14/2007 10:31:04 AM:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I also played with Bamboo and Yosemite USB and found out, that the OHCI
> ISR contains an assumption that makes the 440 OHCI implementation
sometimes
> stop when having a timeout condition. Find the following sequence @
function
> ohci_irq() (in file ohci-hcd.c) and disable the following code:
>
>         if ((ohci->hcca->done_head != 0)
>                         && ! (hc32_to_cpup (ohci,
&ohci->hcca->done_head)
>                                 & 0x01)) {
>                 ints =  OHCI_INTR_WDH;
>    }
>
> This should make the USB host work reliably on the 440s.

Thanks Gerhard.  This definitely makes things work better - I have had
100% success in both the kernel and X recognizing the devices and having X
boot with this update.

However, I am occasionally still having an issue after X comes up with the
keyboard not working (mouse working fine).  Just to be clear - I only want
to comment out the code you indicated above - not also any/either of the
else/if clauses, correct?

So has this never been formally reported/patched?  Do you know also why
the USB support has not been configured in the mainline kernel for these
platforms - is it due to known existing issues?