Reading and writing from/to VME device

Martin, Tim tim.martin at viasat.com
Fri Mar 30 05:27:07 EST 2007

>But when I try to configure it with outWinCfgADC.zlatedAddrL = 0xA000,
>when I run the programm I get an errno 29 (Invalid argument) from
ioctl().
>In fact if I set the xlatedAddrL to some value smaller that 0x10000 I
get this
>error. Here's my most recent configuration:

The VME device driver has an (artificial, as far as I can tell) limit
that rejects window base addresses on an offset less than 0x10000.  You
could change the driver (in drivers/vme/vmedrv.c or vmelinux.c) to
accept a smaller base address offset.  I'm not sure of the reason for
the limit - I don't _think_ the TSI148 has such a limit, but I haven't
looked into it at all.

Tim