login on console=tty with serial input

Daniel.Wyss at securiton.ch Daniel.Wyss at securiton.ch
Sat Mar 17 00:39:28 EST 2007

Hi Harald

Did you find a solution for your problem?

I have almost a similar problem.

On a MPC885 board I have one serial line, an Ethernet port and a QVGA display with a /dev/fb.

As GUI library, I started to evaluate Nano-X, FLTK and wxWitgets. But there is the problem that I don't have keyboard input whether form the serial line nor form a remote shell (Ethernet).

As far I understand the matter the problem is that the console that is running on the frame buffer needs as input a keyboard device and not a serial line. Unfortunately I found till now no solution to redirect the serial line to a keyboard device.

Regards
Daniel Wyss
SECURITON AG Alarm- und Sicherheitssysteme

Daniel Wyss
Entwicklung Sicherheitssysteme
Alpenstrasse 20
CH - 3052 Zollikofen