Problems with PHY on STK5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 2 05:57:45 EST 2007

In message <200703011216.57611.jan-hinnerk.dumjahn at arcor.de> you wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a recent kernel from DENX "linuxppc_2_4_devel" for my
> STK5200 using ELDK 3.1.1.

It should compile and run fine.

> It seems that the current kernel there is not configuring the PHY. It looks
> like the link is configured for full-duplex (although it should be configured
> half-duplex).

What makes you think it should be half duplex only?

> BTW: What is the normal way to reference a commit in a git-repository? I
> haven't seen any revision numbers.

You specify the git commit ID.

> Can anybody explain what the driver should to? Or even better has some patch
> to make it work?

The driver should work :-) And it certainly does for me.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Is not that the nature of men and women -- that the  pleasure  is  in
the learning of each other?
	-- Natira, the High Priestess of Yonada, "For the World is
	   Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", stardate 5476.3.