mpc8270 & Intel 82551ER on 2.6.17.14

Nicholas Hickman nhickman at dtechlabs.com
Sat Jun 30 02:54:52 EST 2007

Thanks for the reply.

I believe that the EEPROM is programmed correctly.  At lease the driver
seems to think so.  I am still leaning towards the interrupts not being
properly initialized on the PCI bus.  I am currently trying to track
this down.

Here's the output of what I have for one of the Ethernet controllers.

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 20:          0   CPM2 SIU  Level     eth0
 24:          0   CPM2 SIU  Level     PQ2 PCI cascade
 40:        154   CPM2 SIU  Level     cpm_uart
BAD:          0
# lspci -vvv
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 8255xER/82551IT Fast
Ethernet Controller (rev 10)
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 128 (2000ns min, 14000ns max), Cache Line Size 08
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 20
        Region 0: Memory at 00000000affff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=4K]
        Region 1: I/O ports at 1ffffc0 [size=64]
        Region 2: Memory at 00000000affc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=128K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)

 ethtool -e eth0
Offset          Values
------          ------
0x0000          00 50 c2 70 7a 01 80 a1 ff ff 01 02 01 47 ff ff
0x0010          ff ff ff ff a0 d0 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0020          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0030          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0040          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0050          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0060          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
0x0070          ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 92 3d

Thanks again,
-Nick